SDN vs MPLS
- The Difference in the Details
An organization has to choose the right solution between MPLS and SDN, and both of these can offer your business that solution.
SDN Business Advantages
- Cost Reduction
- Overhead Reduction
- Physical vs. Virtual Networking Management
- Reduced Downtime
- Central Networking Management Tool
- Centralized Control
MPLS Business Advantages
- One Carrier circuit can support MPLS, Internet, and SIP
- Domestic MPLS takes 30 days typically to install.
- Carriers provide next-gen firewall
- Carrier Managed Solutions such as Firewall, VOIP, etc..
- MPLS port pricing is practically the same as Internet port pricing
- MPLS supports many transport types including Ethernet, Broadband, DSL
Read more: sd wan vs mpls